Ferring Pharmaceuticals was founded by Dr. Frederik Paulsen Senior in 1950 with the objective of taking medicinal science forward, and bringing much needed – and in some instances lifesaving – medicinal therapies to patients around the world. Making a difference to people’s health and quality of life is our corporate purpose.
How we go about our business was embedded in the company culture from its founding. We believe in partnership and sharing knowledge, are committed to the human cause, and supporting the communities in which we work. Today we understand that we have a broader societal responsibility to carry out our business in a way that maximises the positive and minimises the negative impacts that we have on the communities and world around us.
The Ferring Philosophy
– the basis of how we do our business
Our philosophy, ‘People come first at Ferring’, is the cornerstone of our business and our approach to CSR. It sets out what we expect of ourselves (towards our patients, employees, physicians and partners), as well as the expectations we have of those who make up the Ferring community.
People come first at Ferring because:
Patients using our products and physicians prescribing them have a right to expect that:
• we will only make available those products in which we have full confidence;
• we will offer the best possible products at the most reasonable cost;
• Ferring’s employees will always display courtesy and respect, and act professionally;
Ferring seeks the loyalty of these patients and physicians, and we are prepared to earn this loyalty anew every day.
Ferring expects that its employees will create value for the company and its stakeholders.
Ferring employees, at all levels, have a right to expect from the company and their colleagues:
• respect, support and encouragement;
• a work environment that is safe, stimulating and rewarding;
• the freedom to make mistakes ad to admit to them without fear of retribution;
• that the highest standards of integrity will be maintained at all times;
• that colleagues will never knowingly do anything to compromise their position as Ferring employees;
• that all who represent Ferring will do so in ways that generate respect for the company and its employees.
Ferring asks its employees to:
• always do what is right, proper and ethical, and encourage your colleagues to do so;
• speak out when you think that wrongs are being committed in Ferring’s name;
• be loyal, but only to that which is just, equitable, honourable and principled – and true to the Ferring philosophy.
No statement of principled behaviour can ever cover every situation, or deal with every contingency. It can only set the tone, making each individual responsible for applying that tone to his or her everyday practice. We strive to set that tone with five simple words:
People come first at Ferring
Building on our philosophy’s firm foundation, we define our CSR Statement.