The Ferring Philosophy
– the basis of how we do business
Our philosophy, ‘People come first at Ferring’, is the cornerstone of our business and our approach to CSR. It sets out what we expect of ourselves (towards our patients, employees, physicians and partners), as well as the expectations we have of those who make up the Ferring community.
People come first at Ferring because:
Patients using our products and physicians prescribing them have a right to expect that:
• we will only make available those products in which we have full confidence;
• we will offer the best possible products at the most reasonable cost;
• Ferring’s employees will always display courtesy and respect, and act professionally;
Ferring seeks the loyalty of these patients and physicians, and we are prepared to earn this loyalty anew every day.
Ferring expects that its employees will create value for the company and its stakeholders.
Ferring employees, at all levels, have a right to expect from the company and their colleagues:
• respect, support and encouragement;• a work environment that is safe, stimulating and rewarding;• the freedom to make mistakes and to admit to them without fear of retribution;
• that the highest standards of integrity will be maintained at all times;
• that colleagues will never knowingly do anything to compromise their position as Ferring employees;
• that all who represent Ferring will do so in ways that generate respect for the company and its employees.
Ferring asks its employees to:
• always do what is right, proper and ethical, and encourage your colleagues to do so;
• speak out when you think that wrongs are being committed in Ferring’s name;
• be loyal, but only to that which is just, equitable, honourable and principled – and true to the Ferring philosophy.
No statement of principled behaviour can ever cover every situation, or deal with every contingency. It can only set the tone, making each individual responsible for applying that tone to his or her everyday practice. We strive to set that tone with five simple words:
People come first at Ferring
Building on our philosophy’s firm foundation, we define our CSR Statement.
The Ferring Mission Statement
Driven by its entrepreneurial spirit and enabled by a decentralised organisational setup, Ferring will harness its world-class competencies in science and business with other innovative technologies to create solutions for patients and doctors. By developing an understanding of people’s needs, we will deliver personalised healthcare solutions, integrating pharmaceutical products with diagnostics, data, devices, education and support services to optimise health outcomes.
Ferring will be the world-leading, most trusted healthcare company in reproductive medicine and women’s health, and a leader in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology. Each of us at Ferring will contribute to providing innovative solutions to help people live better lives. We will devote significant research and development investment to new therapeutics, life cycle management and next generation healthcare solutions.
As a privately owned, specialty healthcare company that operates globally, Ferring will grow revenues at a rate that is 50% faster than the industry average. We will strive for efficiencies in our business and create flexibility to invest in opportunities to build our future.
We are, and continue to be, part of a transparent and aligned company. We strive to best address the needs of patients, stakeholders and customers by collaborating across functions, experimenting and sharing our practices, and continuously learning. We are always guided by the Ferring Philosophy.